Saturday, October 30, 2010

Listen up!

Today I had my 2 hour class of the highest level English speaking students (trailblazers) at EF. They had a test today so we spent the majority of the class reviewing the material and taking the test.

After, we just sat around and talked to each other. I had a list of questions I wanted to ask them in front of me and one of them was: "What's the meaning of life?"

Here are their answers:

Keep in mind, these kids are 14



Dorothy- "We did not choose to be here but we can choose what we do here. To give laughs and to give love."



Tony- "To let your dreams become truth."



Jenny- "Life is a dream, and when you wake up, you're dead." ** my favorite**



Mary- "In our lives we should be happy and confident. We should study and try to do everything."



Bob- "Life is god's dream, and he is letting us live in the world."





I don't know about you, but I know some adults that couldn't answer with this much incite.
These kids go to school 6 days a week (sometimes 7) for multiple hours a day and their outlook is more positive than most people I know, myself included.
None of us are getting out of this world alive, so why take it so seriously? Mellow out people. Awaken your inner Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment