Monday, October 18, 2010

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues

Ok, so yesterday is my first day off after being here a week and the daytime is pretty uneventful. I do some painting, i take some naps, mop my apartment floor, and watch some TV. In the evening there was a party celebrating a few peoples birthdays (I am one of those people). The party was at British Mike's house and it was allot of fun. I mainly just sat and talked to the Chinese teachers and met the other westerners. The party ended at ten so a bunch of us decided to head out to a nightclub. Now, I am not a nightclub person by any means but hey, when in Rome. We walk into this place with neon lights everywhere and the music is so loud I can feel my guts vibrating. I snap a few pictures but I am quickly told that that is not allowed. There are about 7 or 8 of us rolling into this joint like we own it and we find a place to have a seat. At random parts of the club there are platforms with dancing girls on them, they aren't naked of anything but they are breaking it down pretty impressively. The have lasers and glittery things all around them and that seems to be their only job because after the song they go and have a seat until it is there turn again. The girls are on a rotation. Ok drinks! Here are our options. We can buy several bottles of beer for way too much money or buy a bottle of nice whiskey and some fruit juice for a little more. Whiskey it is. Now this option isn't just a bottle of whiskey with a few classes and some juice, no no no. The booze and the juice are put in a cylindrical contraption that mixes and dispenses it for you. It also has this lit up topper/stirrer that goes with it. Along with this light show drink dispenser we receive a huge fruit platter, a bowl of sunflower seeds, a bowl of mini chestnuts, and the best of all........ a plate of chicken feet. I am not kidding. They were actually pretty tasty if you could get any meat/cartilage off of them.
After several beers at the party and may classes of this whiskey drink I venture onto the dance floor with the rest of the group. Im not a dancer, I like to dance to the right tune but that tune sure as hell wasn't being played at this place! It was kind of an earthy techno pop (like the BL reference?). I did my best to get my groove on but jut wasn't feeling it so I sat back down.
Sleepy and pretty drunk I decided it was time for me to hit the bricks, I get my coat from the coat check lady and hop in a cab. I arrive at home to a happy dog and we hit the hay. Good day.

1 comment: