Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What the EF! 10/13.2010

13/Today was my first day at English First (EF) and it was pretty mellow. My boss gave me a tour and talked me through the basic curriculum of the different levels. It was allot of information to take in at once! He told me that he didn't expect me to remember any of it right now and that it will all come with time. Everyone there was really nice. I met all of the Chinese teachers and they are happy talk talk to me in English. When I say Chinese teachers, I mean they are teachers that are Chinese, not teachers of Chinese. The are there to be the communicator if the barrier is too high for us foreigners ( your as cooold as ice). Later in the day I sat in on my roomate Roger's class of Trailblazers (13-16) and that was pretty cool. The kids are pretty good an English. One kid (probably 6) even struck up a conversation with me while at the urinal haha. He came up behind me and said " Hello! what is your name?" I told him that I am Matt, he said "my name is Mark". I say that its nice to meet him and he says " its nice to meet you too Matt". Now I understand that reading that interaction on here seems pretty boring but it was pretty cool, besides for the whole talking while peeing thing. Men usually keep the chit chat to a minimum while relieving ourselves. Oh yea then Mark said "bye bye!" and sprinted out of the bathroom. After work, a couple of co-workers and I went out to eat and then walked around this huge outdoor market where people were selling things from kitchen ware to underware. One lady on the street had a pile of plastic multi-colored comb/brushes and thats it. I bought a broom and some hangers. Whelp that was the day! nothing too exciting to report. Im on a mission to find some scorpoins to eat!

1 comment:

  1. what a great day you had... went from light conversation at the unrinal and then was topped off with the search for scorpions

    keep posting... i am staying tuned in

    rose

    ReplyDelete