Friday, October 29, 2010

High School slip

Yesterday I taught 4 classes at the local high school and I made a little English slip that probably would assured me pink slip... had they known what I said. It was another new class so I showed them the powerpoint that I made introducing myself and my hobbies bla bla bla. Well the last slide on the powerpoint said "today was my birthday", clearly it wasn't any more but I told the students about it anyway. It went a bit like this"

"Oh, sorry, I made this presentation last week, this last slide is about how the 21st was my birthday." I get nothing from the students. " So that means I turned 30 last Thursday......you believe that shit??"

I instantly keel over laughing at myself and with tears coming out of my eyes I look up to see all 60 of the kids and their teacher looking at me with blank faces. I say " If you had any idea what I just said, I would be in trouble". Again, nothing from the peanut gallery. Whew! Turn your filter on Freedo! Or..... could this be a new game..... how much can I get away with? It begins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment