Thursday, October 14, 2010

Channeling my inner Bob Ross 10/14/2010

I didn't sleep very well last night, probably got about 4 hours in. My sleep schedule still isn't where it should be, but its only my 5th day in country. Its strange, I already feel like I have been here a long time. Today was an awesome day. I met Canada Mike at the school and we went shopping for some things that I needed. I bought 2 big pillows and pillow cases for about 8 bucks USD. I have also decided to decorate my apartment on my own by way of painting my own pictures for the walls. Get this, I went to an art shop and bought an : easel, 2- 50x60 cm canvases, 8 tubes of oil paints, a pallet, 7 nice brushes, a knife, and a bottle of turpentine all for about 28 bucks. This country is great! I also found Cooper some dog food. After that I went to work and started reading over the school books that my kids will be learning from. I talked with the Chinese teachers and they showed me where the kids are in their books and all that fun stuff. I also found out that I am going to be doing some one on one teaching with a university student on the weekends so that should be pretty cool. Tomorrow I am going to start creating my lesson plans so if any of my teacher friends have any input for me, I'm all ears! So now all I'm going to do is sit back and wait for some inspiration to strike me so I can create a more Dudeist living space. Now all I need is a rug.
Oh yea, I had some sweet and sour pork today that would make P.F. Chang's taste like dog food.

1 comment: