Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Still in West Virginia

Well here begins the blog that I've promised. I am still in West Virginia at the moment, waiting on my Z-visa (work visa) paperwork to arrive from the Chinese government. Its been nice hanging out in Vienna, kinda boring at times, but nice. I enjoy spending time with my mom and close friends that have been separated from me for years.
Right now when I think about moving to China I get overwhelmed with fear with a side order of doubt. I know that when I first arrive I will question my decision and beat myself up a little but after some time and I establish myself there it will mellow out. I have heard nothing but good things from people who have traveled this road before me, so I need to remember to keep a PMA (positive mental attitude) and good things will happen. If you go into a situation thinking that you aren't going to survive, you won't. I'm actually very happy that I am terrified, if I wasn't then clearly im too arrogant and need to find some humility before I could be any benefit to anyone, including myself. Well, here I sit, waiting, enjoying the calm company of my loved ones, mentally preparing myself for what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment